Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Doin' Great!

HA! I knew I suck at blogging - I forgot I had a blog! Stupid blog.

Well, here I am - it’s Wednesday – a week and a half into Weight Watchers.

I visited my brother, who lives in Ocean City, on Saturday because my other brother from Michigan was there. Normally, in the past, I would have had a few drinks and gorged my ample gut with junk food and my sister-in-law’s great cooking. I was good I ate very small amounts of most things put out and I was satisfied! As for the drinking, I stopped drinking adult beverages a while ago. Not for any big reason, I just completely lost any desire to drink – I drank enough for two life times in the past so I guess I’m ahead of the game.

So, I get on the scale on Sunday and it reports 237. Whoa. I left and came back – same result. I was really hungry so I waited a while ate a light breakfast and hydrated myself. I jumped to 238.8 and stayed there for a while. I reported 239.8 to WW - so I got credit for 5.2 pounds for the first week. Right now I’m hovering at about 237 – 238.

This morning I squeezed into a size 38 pair of pants. The 40’s I was wearing seemed baggy and made me feel good – the 38’s are tight and remind me of how much work I need to do – get it?

I’m doing great with WW – I usually have a point of a half point left at the end of the day. I’ve also been riding my bike, set up on a trainer, for 30 minutes at night. When the weather’s bearable, I take a walk at lunch.

I have/had a problem binging at night – on WW they say that it takes 21 days to break a habit – so bingers count 21 day cycles: so if you haven’t binged 47 days it’s be C3D5 – cycle 3, day 5. I guess I’m C0D14 – I’m feeling good!


No comments: