Saturday, August 9, 2008

Reflections on This Past Week



I really have to tell you all about my week. I’ve been on vacation and my daughter’s been in town (she’s still in bed) while her husband is buried deep in the crunch-time of a project at his work. My other daughter is a teacher, so she’s been free to join us as well. Well, we’ve been dining out or grilling every night and it’s been a blast. We’ve also been very busy just doing fun activities. I’ve made it a point to stay on points during the week and it’s very possible! For example, we went to Carrabba's Italian Grill. I found a salad that has a smallish grilled chicken breast and enough greens to sink a small ship. I simply asked for the dressing on the side and a low point dinner (I avoided the bread). I had a great time with my family and was full when I left the table. We (my wife and I) seldom dine out, so I’ve been ignorant of the menus of most establishments – what I’ve learned is that most places have a great, low point salad dish (if you get the dressing on the side) and all the fun is still there! At home I just keep a scale on the table and portion control is a snap! For about three days I was way below my points, we were so busy we didn’t have time to eat! Oh yeah, my daughter showed me Hostess Chocolate Mini-cakes – one package of three is 1 point! They’re tiny, but very chocolate-y and filling. ONE Point!

Weight Watchers is great! It does lead to better choices – it’s a comfort to know that when I stay OP, that’s how much food I need to be healthy!

Weigh in is tomorrow!

No comments: